We survived another February, thanks to our Smut-Reading habit. Here’s what we got up to this past month.
Our Favorite Reads…
Ingrid’s Choice: Hook, Line, and Sinker by Tessa Bailey
This book features all of Ingrid’s favorite tropes! Plus it’s steamy and romantic.
Erin’s Choice: Oak King, Holly King by Sebastian Nothwell
Tender love and lush descriptions.
Holly’s Choice: A Witch’s Beauty by Joey W. Hill
Cracktastic bonkerballs smut featuring the best example of a female-centered morality chain I’ve ever read. There are a LOT of content warnings with this one though, so check out Holly’s full review to see if it will work for you.
More from the Blog…
- We featured Phoebe Thorpe, Samantha Michaels, and Kelly Finley on My First Smut
- We tried to poke holes in Ingrid’s definition of romance
- Holly yelled about ebooks and paperbacks
- We did a whole week of mermaid romances, including a buddy read of Wish out of Water and a discussion of the merperson archetype
- We took a tiny step in tackling our TBRs; February’s prompt was “fairy tale”
Notes from Romancelandia…
The Swoon Awards, a reader-curated list of top romances, announced their 2021 winners. If you’re looking for more recommendations beyond our blog, check it out!
There are some folks working on a fundraising in support of trans kids—follow @HEAforTransKids on Twitter for details.
As usual, we’ve got a mix of backlist books and new releases on tap to review.
Plus we’ve got something special brewing, which we’ll talk about tomorrow. Stay tuned!