Is July over already? Time flies when you’re sweating and reading smut.
Our Favorite Reads…
Is it an accident that all our favorites were the books we read for Fake Relationship week? I THINK NOT!
Holly’s Choice: D’Vaughn and Kris Plan a Wedding by Chencia C. Higgins
This book does a great job of balancing sadness with hope while keeping things light-hearted. It’s just a lovely read.
Erin’s Choice: Kiss Hard by Nalini Singh
Catnip. That is all.
Ingrid’s Choice: For Butter or Worse by Erin La Rosa
When there’s a pun THAT BAD in the TITLE, you know Ingrid is gonna love it.
More from the Blog…
- We talked Fake Relationships this month!
- Plus did a fake relationship buddy read!
- And here’s a list of romances in a niche subtrope: you say you’re bad at relationships but you’re actually pretty good at this fake one
- Hearts and Crafts: Character Development and the Black Moment
- The Great Smut Debate: Genre Crossovers
- The TBR Challenge: This month the theme was “Vintage.”
Notes from Romancelandia…
This article by Steve Ammidown about The Romantic Spirit (a pre-internet romance catalogue) is fun (and fascinating if you’re a nerd).
Here are some of the books we’ll be reading in August
Plus we’re planning a whole week where we talk about blue collar protagonists in romance. It’s time to lay some pipe!