Happy November! We hope everyone had a safe and fun Halloween, and that you’re mentally preparing for the upcoming season of holiday madness. But first: a wrap up.
Our Favorite Reads…
Erin’s Choice: Contract Season by Cait Nary
In another instance of perfect trope is perfect, this fake relationship romance pulls out all the stops.
Holly’s Choice: Reckless by Selena Montgomery
The growing tension in the romance perfectly matches the growing tension in the murder mystery in this well-crafted romantic suspense novel.
Ingrid’s Choice: The Stand-Up Groomsman by Jackie Lau
Ingrid swooned hard for this smart grumpy-sunshine duo with lots of humor and heart.
More from the Blog…
- Can’t get enough of spooky season? Here are a few romances to get you in the Halloween mood
- Excited for hockey season? Here are some hockey romances!
- TBR Challence: Flirting with Danger
- Author Spotlight: Alexis Hall
- Group Review: Dragon’s Instinct by Elva Birch—come for the squirrel toddler, stay for the deep dive into the fated mates trope
- Jeanne Oates Estridge, an anonymous reader, and Constance Kersaint shared their first smut stories
Notes from Romancelandia…
Are you interested in fairy tale retellings? Romance author Renee Dahlia has put together a list of them, organized by source story. (Renee and fairy tale scholar Philippa Borland talk about this list and other fun things about fairy tale romances on a recent episode of Shelf Love.)
And here’s a great essay about the protagonist problem in fantasy writing, and how Nalini Singh’s psy-changeling series gets around it.
We’ve got some ARCs that we’re super-excited about, plus a whole week of cowboy romances!