We love hearing about new (and new-to-us) books and authors; that includes older books and authors’ back lists. Know of a book you’d like us to review? Get in touch.
**Please Note: As of June 2023, we are scheduling requested reviews for October 2023.**
With that said:
- We only review romance novels. We read widely within the romance genre, but none of us enjoys dark or bully romances.
- We can’t promise a fast turnaround time. Have you seen our TBR piles? If you have a deadline you’d like us to meet, please let us know! We’ll do our best, but please plan on it taking us at least eight weeks to post a book review.
- We reserve the right to decline to review a book. If we decide to do so, we will let you know.
- You may have noticed that we review just as many books that we don’t like as ones that we do. If you ask us to read a book, be aware that we will be honest and will not pull any punches if we don’t like something. We suggest checking out a few of our rants before you ask us to read your book, so you know what you’re getting yourself into.
- We promote reviews on social media and cross-post to Goodreads and Amazon.
- We will read e-books (preferred) or paper books.
- We do not promote books that we have not read. Please don’t ask us to participate in a book blitz – but we would be happy to write a review.
- The views here are our own. We do not accept payment for reviews.
The Smut Report grants permission to authors, publishers, and designated agents to use our reviews, in whole or in part, for purposes of publicity. Editing of our reviews is not permitted.